On August 24, 2006 there were 26 home runs in 11 games, bringing the total for 2006 to 4,262.
Top 5 Homers by True Distance for Aug. 24, 2006: (complete list here)
- Phil Nevin, Cubs, 438 feet
- Aramis Ramirez, Cubs, 433 feet
- David Ortiz, Red Sox, 431 feet
- Angel Pagan, Cubs, 427 feet
- Prince Fielder, Brewers, 424 feet
- Boston’s David Ortiz hammered home run #46, a 431 foot blast to right field off the Angels standout rookie hurler Jered Weaver that came off the bat at 116.1 mph. Weaver had only surrendered 4 home runs before Ortiz’s long ball, none of which had left the bat faster than 110.7 mph.
- The Chicago Cubs belted four home runs off Philadelphia pitchers Cole Hamels and Brian Sanches in the first 4 innings of an 11-2 beat-down of the Phillies at Wrigley Field. Each of the four (the 3 listed in the top 5 table above, plus a 380 footer by Michael Barrett) picked up at least 44 feet of distance from a strong wind blowing out to CF, as well as the usual 4-5 feet from the 595 foot altitude of Wrigley…